Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Rainforest!

I went to the rainforest! It was amazing - we went tubing down a river and swimming underneath a waterfall. Hiking all around the (malaria-free area of the) rainforest (with some pretty cool huge rubber boots). We picked cacao from a cacao tree and made chocolate out of it. And made rings from these big seeds from a tree. And stayed in cabins in the middle of the jungle. It was pretty amazing. And hard to describe- I{m working on getting caught up on my picture posting.

Leaving Thursday night on an overnight bus to go to the beach for Carnaval. Apparently Quito clears out and everyone goes to the beach for a big party weekend, so I{m pretty excited! Off to lunch now....

1 comment:

Melissa Vaughn said...

I bet that was amazing being in the rain forest. I hope the beach party is fun. I am glad you are having a great time.